[syslinux] Syslinux with two-disk set (boot+root )

Peter Lister P.Lister at sychron.com
Fri Aug 23 11:05:59 PDT 2002

> Unfortunately for me, I can't use etherboot -- I'm using a Win2k DHCP
> server, and I understand that Microsoft DHCP doesn't know how to talk to
> etherboot.

Have you actually tried? I seriously doubt this is so. DHCP is a
standard, and MS even claim to have been involved in the specification.

You may need to do some extra work to add config to an MS DHCP server,
but it can definitely talk to Etherboot, pxelinux or anything else.

And you *can* with a little work set up an ISC dhcpd so that it won't
interfere with MS DHCP.