[syslinux] addendum to syslinux/ tftp-hpa docs

James S. Martin james.martin at digex.com
Thu Feb 28 11:26:58 PST 2002

After a few days of troubleshooting, we finally determined why we were
having problems.  It seems as though the tftp-hpa daemon requires the
MTU of the interface it's running on to be >= 1500.  We had the MTU set
at 1400 (don't ask why) and the PXE client was receiving fragmented
packets and failing.  As soon as we set it to over 1500, it worked fine.

hpa,

Could you please update your syslinux/pxelinux and/or tftp-hpa docs so
they reflect this requirement?

Thanks,

James Martin