[syslinux] A Little Problem with the new Isolinux

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Mon May 13 02:46:46 PDT 2002

Hi,

please don't post HTML here. Here's what my mailer made of it ...

               I have a little problem with Isolinux.
               Hi, I would be happy, if they could lend a hand me at my problem!
               I create a bootable CD, the I-Loader.bin starts the Isolinux.bin, because I don´t like use mkisofs.

               Isolinux can start an Disketten Image, but not an Eltorito Image like Windos 2000 Cd´s.

               The error Message is "Invalid or corrupt Kernel Image"
               WAY? I know, that the file is not corrupt. Bart´s Diskemu can start it correctly.

               The Text are in the isolinux.cfg is:
               default 0
                   display msg
                   prompt 1
                   label a
                       kernel win2000.bin
                  label b
                       kernel memdisk
                       append initrd=DosDisk.bin

               What is the Problem??

Please give more details what you are using and how the layout
of your CD is. I haven't heard of I-loader, and also don't
know what 'Bart's Diskemu' is. Perhaps you should try mkisofs to
confirm that you didn't misunderstand something.

Regards,

Josef