FW: [syslinux] graphich bootscreen howto ???

Sylvain asm8 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 6 10:10:54 PDT 2003

Hi !

In fact, LPP is not anymore maintained by the original developper,
since he doesn't use it himself, but people from debian, mandrake, or other distrib
(don't remember which one exactly) maintain lpp.
LPP already existed for 2.2.x kernels, so you should be able to find patchs for you kernel,
or update your kernel.
When using LPP, you have to append to kernel command line somethink like CONSOLE=/dev/tty2
so that printk doesn't wipe out the vesa displayed image.
You may also have a look at the fblogo project (found on freshmeat )

regards,

sylvain