[syslinux] help: booting dos from syslinux/memdisk

Wichetael wichetael at gmx.net
Thu Jul 3 06:10:07 PDT 2003

If you set up the loop device correctly with the appropriate offset it
shouldn't. The loop device effectively represents the rest of the disk image
from that offset, which should be your partition table. ie, there should be
no partition table in the loop device. How did you come to the conclusion
that syslinux /dev/loop0 broke your partition table?

Are you sure you partitioned the disk image and not the loop device?