[syslinux] Isolinux serial console redirection issue

Super Leeet leeet at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 13:08:38 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the console to setup our cluster. In the past, we used a
floppy and it worked just fine. We had to manually use the "ks=" argument.

Now, I actually see the "menu" on the serial console *and* the monitor but I
can't use the keyboard. I can only use the keyboard that is connected on the
machine. Unplugging the keyboard doesn't help.

Here are the first few lines from the config file:

serial 0 115200
default serial
prompt 1
timeout 120
display boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 install.msg

label serial
  kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img text console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8

[....]

Now if I hit <enter> on the keyboard hooked to the machine, I'll eventually
get a serial keyboard to work. But that won't solve my problem of not having
a keyboard working inside isolinux.

Anyone has/had a similar problem? Should this even work? Am I asking for a
solution that doesn't even exist? :)

Please cc me as I don't monitor this list everyday.

Thanks!