[syslinux] problems with 2880 linux floppy image

Patty O'Reilly oreilly at qualcomm.com
Mon Nov 3 15:20:00 PST 2003

I referenced the syslinux.zytor web page to help create my
syslinux.cfg file. It looks something like the following:

label myimage
	kernel memdisk
	append initrd=myimage.img

My dhcp/tftp server are configured similar to the recommendations
found under pxelinux at syslinux.zytor.com.

The file myimage.img is a fat filesystem which contains vmlinuz,
initrd.img, and syslinux.cfg. I used syslinux to creat the boot
boot loader on the image file. The client simply hangs when it trys to
boot the image file. There are no error messages.

Does it matter whether you run syslinux on the filesystem before or
after it is populated? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

--patty