[syslinux] Nic Win98

K W crezzy_man at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 07:29:05 PST 2003

Hello, I read your post on zytor.com, and I am not sure if you are still
looking for a way to boot win98 on a cd with your Nic, but, It is possible,
I have done it, I am sure you have realized that instructions on how to
build a floppy booting win98 disk doesnt really benifit anything being that
the Nic's have no HD, but A combo of a bootable cd, xmsds or ramdisk
(writeable area) and a couple fake things here and there, and you can get
windows to boot.., It is a little tricky, and you need to preinstall the
drivers for the video and so-fourth, but the pages are here on how to do

here are the specs on the drivers you will need but may have

Booting windows from a cd

Once again, I am not sure if your still working on this or not, but if so,
maybe this will help.

p.s. When you get windows running, and it detects that there is a registry
problem.. What I did was replaced the file Scanreg.exe with Smartrdv.exe,
then disabled scanreg in MSconfig, So windows will not pop a warning upon
boot, and SmartDrv gives an errorlevel of 255 allowing your machine to boot
without popping error messages..

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get MSN Extra Storage
now!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es