[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.07 released
H. Peter Anvin
hpa at zytor.com
Sat Nov 22 22:08:28 PST 2003
After all the bug fixes over the last few weeks I thought it was high
time to release 2.07. It certainly doesn't fix everything, but it fixes
several important problems people have reported.
Changes in 2.07:
* MEMDISK: Workaround for BIOSes which go into a snit when
they get a RESET command for the floppy system when there is
no floppy in the system.
* PXELINUX: Add "ipappend 2", which passes the hardware
address of the boot interface to the kernel as a
* mkdiskimage: fix the generation of the end limit.
* PXELINUX: Fix multiple bugs in chainloading of other NBPs.
* MEMDISK: Fix bug that would occationally cause "ran out of
input data" when using compressed disk images.
* SYSLINUX: Updates for the win32 installer (from Lars Munch.)
* PXELINUX: PXELINUX-specific options are now recognized both
in a vendor-option-space (a.k.a. type 43 encapsulated) as
well as in a site-option-space (unencapsulated.)
* COM32: Don't crash when DS != 0.
* COMBOOT/COM32: Make file reading work correctly. Thanks to
Phung Chi Kien for submitting a test program.
More information about the Syslinux