[syslinux] timeoutcmd not working....

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 24 15:14:23 PST 2003

I tried 2.08-pre1 and timeout command does not seem to be working. This
is exactly what I see.

1. At the prompt I just hit Enter and the default kernel boots fine.
2. At the prompt I type in "defimg" and it boots fine (including the
append option for COM32 images).
3. The appropriate part of my isolinux.cfg is

    timeout readker.c32 prep

    label defimg
        kernel readker.c32
        append prep

After the timeout, the machine seems to hang and pressing Alt-Ctrl-Del
has not effect. Only solution is to hit the reset button on the machine.

Is the timeoutcmd supposed to handle COM32 images as well?

- Murali