[syslinux] More features in Syslinux 2.08

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 25 14:23:40 PST 2003

As far as I know the only thing close to that, is to boot DOS from a
floppy image (stored on the CD). The floppy image will contain the CD
drivers and hence you can use DOS to access the contents of the CD.

The floppy image is usually stored in the "boot sector" of the CD, or if
you are using utilities like ISOLINUX, then they can be stored on the
CD, and ISOLINUX/memdisk can boot these images for you as if it was in
the "boot sector" of the CD.

AFAIK,
1. memdisk cannot boot ISO images, but
2. If you can unpack the ISO image on the CD, and extract the "boot
sector" of the ISO image, then ISOLINUX can boot it for you.

- Murali