[syslinux] Copy a chunk to 7C00 transfer execution to it

anh nebe anhnebe at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 09:17:57 PDT 2003

I want to use ISOLINUX and a COM32 image or a modified
MEMDISK to copy a large chunk into RAM, and move a
portion of this chunk (a COM program) down to 7C00h so
that it can be executed similar to a boot sector.
I've tried this with a COM32 image without much
success, particularly due to my limited knowledge in
Assembly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, but
it would be even better if you can point me to some
code that does this.  Thanks in advance.

-anh

If you want to know exactly what I want to do, please
see the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxpesp1/html/ram_sdi.asp