[syslinux] multiple default in /pxelinux.cfg

Baurjan Ismagulov ibr at ata.cs.hun.edu.tr
Tue Oct 14 06:09:44 PDT 2003

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 05:53:48PM +0530, Limesh Parekh wrote:
> Can i have different /pxelinux.cfg/default files so that i can define
> different locations for my boot files.

I think you can. From pxelinux.doc:

PXELINUX will search for its config file on the boot server in the
following way:

  First, it will search for the config file using its own IP address
  in upper case hexadecimal, e.g. 192.0.2.91 -> C000025B
  (you can use the included progam "gethostip" to compute the
  hexadecimal IP address for any host.)

Hope this helps,
Baurjan.