[syslinux] Network disk? (like memdisk but over the network)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 10 16:33:12 PST 2004

Hi,

I've successfully got DOS booting over PXE with Memdisk, but as RAM is
severely limited in the PCs I'm using (only 32-64MB) I can't load a huge
Memdisk image to run large DOS programs, Windows, etc.

Are there any programs out there like Memdisk, but instead of storing
the disk in RAM they read it over the network?  (A "netdisk" program.)
This would be a really useful lightweight solution, as it's pretty
painful trying to mount a network drive through DOS for the same sort of
thing.

Thanks,
Adam.