[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.20-pre1 available

Quinn plattel at tiscali.dk
Thu Dec 16 06:40:23 PST 2004

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> NOTE: The Win32 installer has not yet been ported, and I haven't
> actually tested the DOS installer (which has been completely
> rewritten, and therefore is almost certainly broken.)
>
> Anyway, if you'd like to peek, test, or help out, please do download:

Hello Peter,

I tried to compile your test version under Slackware 9.1 and got the
following errors:

--snip--

gcc -m32    -c -o crt0.o crt0.S
crt0.S: Assembler messages:
crt0.S:65: Error: `4(%esp)' is not a valid 16 bit base/index expression
make[1]: *** [crt0.o] Error 1

--snip
when building under the syslinux-2.20-pre1/dos directory.

Version info:

Kernel: 2.4.27
gcc version: 3.2.3
ld version: 2.14.90.0.6 20030820
nasm version: 0.98.38 compiled on Nov 25 2003

I hope this information helps you.

Quinn