[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.20-pre13 - RELEASE CANDIDATE

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Dec 21 17:50:00 PST 2004

With some help from Nathan Laredo, I cribbed my way though porting the
Win32 installer on my own accord.  Thus, I believe we now have something
which can be called a release candidate.  Given how much stuff managed
to make it in, after all, I'm seriously considering calling it 3.00, but
for now it's 2.20-pre13.

So, everyone that can, please test it out.

In particular, I have not yet had a chance to test out any of the following:

- EXTLINUX on a file which requires triple indirects (17MB+ with 1K
   blocks);
- SYSLINUX with FAT32;
- Any of the above with EDD (hunting for a machine with a bootable
   EDD-capable device that I can erase without first opening it up and
   removing a hard disk that I care about.)

The above test items are obviously essential before anything can be
called a "release".  Help is appreciated.

As usual, find the latest test releases in:

	ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/