[syslinux] Important questions for PXELINUX users

Velu Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Tue Dec 28 02:16:52 PST 2004

> - Do you use the PXELINUX-specific DHCP options?
My sample pxe configuration for the mandrakelinux rpm is to not use this
options. The only time I'd tried to use the 211 option, the PXE rom had
hang.

> - Are you using vendor encapsulation (a vendor-option-space) or not
>    (a site-option-space)?
option vendor-class-identifier "PXEClient";
vendor-option-space PXE;
option PXE.mtftp-ip 0.0.0.0;

> - Would it be inconvenient for you if these options were changed?
In my case, it doesn't change the way I'm using PXE.

--
Erwan Velu
Consultant - Seanodes SA