[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.00-pre10 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Dec 30 13:54:47 PST 2004

I really hope to God this is the last prerelease of SYSLINUX 3.00...

I have added code to isolinux to give a pointer to SBM, but in order for
it to fit I had to reorganize sector 0 slightly.  Therefore, I decided
it called for another prerelease (sigh.)

Other changes versus -pre9 is fixing the Makefile and specfile so the
RPM builds, fixing up mkdiskimage and adding a README about how to deal
with BIOSes which insist on only using USB-ZIP media.  Following those
instructions I can get SYSLINUX to work reliably in USB-ZIP mode on my
Award BIOS box, although for some reason MEMDISK still doesn't work
right when booted from the USB key, at least not with a hard disk image
(DOS reports "Missing operating system", which is the standard DOS error
message when no partition is active, which is clearly wrong, but also
means the MBR was loaded correctly.  Very strange, and I don't really
want to deal with that right now.)