[syslinux] how to specify the kernel to boot *automatically*?

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Fri Jan 16 20:13:51 PST 2004

I'm thinking about how to use a single config file for pxelinux to
boot several machines. For this it's necessary to define the kernel
and root fs. Is there a way to automatically tell pxelinux which
kernel to choose based on the machine?

The only way I found is to use a config file for each computer but this
is not convenient because of the number of files. The names are also
not easy to deal with but this can be worked around using dhcp 3.0...