[syslinux] Hyperthreaded P4 processor count

Rip Toren rip at bronzedragon.net
Thu Jan 22 11:32:16 PST 2004

I have three different live-CD distributions that give me different
numbers for the cpu count on this box (Dell P4 2.4GHz).
-the Knoppix 3.3 (11-19-03) says 1 processor (no error);
-the PHLAK 0.2 distribution say 1 processor (and 1 missing)
-the Local Area Security distro says two processors (identicle P4s).

Might there be somthing new in 2.0.8 that accounts for this difference. Is
there a switch or whatever that kicks the senond one into play?I would love
to add the 2nd processor (given the kernel is SMPed).

Rip Toren