[syslinux] ipappend and dos

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 9 12:28:35 PDT 2004

Couple of DOS based solutions...

** METHOD 1 **
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/pdate.html has a DOS Batch file to
parse the current DATE. You may be able to use this to parse the ip
address as well.

** METHOD 2 **
Another useful utility is "SENVAR.COM" (google search: first hit), it
allows you to store the first line of any DOS program's output. If you
can find a DOS port of the unix command "cut", you are in business. I
have seen Native Windows ports (unxutils.sourceforge.net) but not yet
come across a DOS port.

** METHOD 3 **
Should be simple to write a small C program which implements "cut -f1
-d':' 12:34:56:78". This together with the SENVAR.COM (512 Byte COM
file) should do the trick.

- Murali