[syslinux] some ideas for the menu

Alexander Heinz mailsanmich at gmx.li
Mon Jun 14 11:42:15 PDT 2004

Hello!

I have got few ideas for the menu and/ or syslinux:

- there is a timeout feature before the menu starts but when the user
chooses to enter the menu and does not make selection nothing happens
(there is no timeout). What about a timeout feature inside the menu?

- what about changing the default kernel based on the current time?
(e.g. boot local disk during the day and beowolf at night)

- it is possible to return to the syslinux prompt from the menu (using
the left arrow key). How can I disable that? (I want the user to make a
selection.)

Alex