[syslinux] PXE

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Jun 21 00:47:49 PDT 2004

> o  How to implement a PXE server failover
> o  Can we have more than 1 pxe server in the network
> by any means
I never tried it but as the dhcp server could be "authoritative" or not
you can use this feature for making some failover.
Install one dhcp server, make the configuration and set the
"authoritative" option.
Install another dhcp server, make the configuration and set the "not
authoritative" option.
The "not authoritative" dhcp server will always answer after the
"authoritative" one. This is a way to make a fail over pxe server.
--
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager