[syslinux] options to use jumbo frames

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Jun 23 11:12:49 PDT 2004

We have a cluster (212 nodes) that are on a gig-e network useing jumbo frames
(mtu 6000)  To reload a node we have to plug it into a regular 1500 mtu that is
running off a differnt port on the head node to install.  Is there a way to
tell in the 'append' line of /pxelinux.cfg/default to have the bcm5700 module
run wiht jumbo frames.  this is our append right now

append load_ramdisk=1 initrd=sles-8/initrd.node Insmod=bcm5700
Install=nfs:// Netdevice=eth1

and our modules.conf to make the nic work with the gig network requires this

options bcm5700 mtu=9000,1500 line_speed=1000,1000 auto_speed=0,0

Thanks for help
Brock Palen
brockp at umich.edu