[syslinux] timeout timer gets reset after bad kernel image

isolinux at pouhovitch.com isolinux at pouhovitch.com
Tue Jun 29 16:52:48 PDT 2004

Since this is my first post on the mailing list I got to get all the praising out of the way.  I have played around with isolinux for a couple of days now, and it is really great.  Thank you Peter.

Now regarding the timeout.

The timeout gets interrupted when one presses any key on the keyboard, however if I enter an invalid kernel image to boot the timeout is restarted after isolinux fails to locate the kernel.  I am not sure if this is a bug or it was planned to behave that way.  At any rate, I find this behavior a little bit unexpected.

Norris