[syslinux] mkdiskimage question (another one?)

Timo Benk t_benk at web.de
Tue Jun 29 21:58:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying for quite some time to create a bootable hd disk
image with mkdiskimage (included in the syslinux distribution)
and the combination isolinux/memdisk. It just won't work:-}

I have done the following:

[snip]
# ./mkdiskimage -d -o disk 256 32 1
640
# losetup -o 640 /dev/loop3 disk
# mount /dev/loop3 /mnt/3
# mount | grep loop3
/dev/loop3 on /mnt/3 type vfat (rw)

:: copy win98se boot disk files to /mnt/3 ::

[snap]

My isolinux entry looks like the following:
[snip]
LABEL 98
KERNEL /isolinux/memdisk
APPEND initrd=images/disk
TIMEOUT 100
[snap]

And that is the message i got from memdisk after booting.

And then it hangs forever:-(

Any ideas or howtos how i can make my disk bootable?

-timo

--
D823  4059    --== "reality is the illusion you live" ==--    7DBD  109E