[syslinux] Manually installing syslinux?

Nick Bartos spam99 at 2thebatcave.com
Wed Jun 30 08:17:25 PDT 2004

Is what the syslinux install does really all that complicated?  I would
have thought there wouldn't be much too the actual install.

So no one actually has any thoughts on my actual question of doing this
process manually?

I have thought this through quite a bit, and just wanted to know if there
was a (stable) way to install the syslinux bootloader without using the
compiled syslinux installer.

I realize that there are other potential options, but I wanted to know
about this one first as it would seem to be the simplest & cleanest
solution.

Does anyone actually have any idea/info for the original question?