[syslinux] Usin ISO Linux & Memdisk to create a Viritual Floppydrive that Linux & Windows can load driver disk from.

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Aug 22 12:25:11 PDT 2005

With windows, if your "virtual" floppy is drive B:, then windows
will treat it specially. It will basically copy the contents into
memory from real mode using int13h, knowing that it will not be
able to access the device after it switches to protected mode.

I asked a few days ago about support for making a memdisk image
behave as drive B:, but got no answer. :-(

We have our assembly language guy looking at it, but it is slow as
he isn't very familiar with the syslinux codebase.
--
Michael