[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.10-pre20 menu.32 hang in SIS900 bootrom

steven at nchc.org.tw steven at nchc.org.tw
Tue Aug 23 16:52:48 PDT 2005

Hi HPA:
As for the simple menu, it never works in SIS900 chips.
If running without the menu.c32 system, it works. Actually I can do
now for sis900 client is just to change the "default menu.c32" to something like "default memtest" as:
------
default menu.c32 -> change to "default memtest"
timeout 70
prompt 0
label local
  # MENU DEFAULT
  # MENU HIDE
  MENU LABEL Local operating system (if available)
  localboot 0

label memtest
  # MENU DEFAULT
  # MENU HIDE
  MENU LABEL Memory test using Memtest86+
  kernel memtest86

label ...
------
I have tried a lot of sis900 chips, all got the same problem. Others also confirmed that they have the same problem.

Thanks.
Steven.

--
Please AVOID distributing documents in WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT format.
[Chinese Big5] 請避免散佈WORD, EXCEL 或是 POWERPOINT格式的檔案.