[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre3 -- release candidate

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Fri Aug 26 08:27:12 PDT 2005

H. Peter Anvin schreef:
> This is a minor tweak on 3.11-pre2.  If nothing new comes up, I will
> release this as 3.11 probably early next week.

(oops, reply-to isn't set to 'mailinglist' but to 'person who sent the
mail')

OK :)

*is Memdisk's adhoc 'floppyb' parameter official now? or discarded?
*any way to compress MEMDISK and still be able to load it?
  Saves a nice 10KB on diskette.
  Probably (G)ZIP has no use (requires decompression algorytm in syslinux
  itself?) but UPX for example also cannot handle MEMDISK.
  An additional memdisk-like program/module which decompresses a file,
  then runs it, would also be fine.

label mt86
kernel unzip.c32
append initrd=memtest.gz

where memtest.gz is obtained by:
gzip memtest.bin

 >     -hpa

Bernd Blaauw

(and why's my Mozilla Thunderbird using UTF8 unicode on a text-only
mailinglist?)