[syslinux] i want to use ram disk image.

Marc Haisenko haisenko at webport.de
Fri Aug 26 08:46:54 PDT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 17:03, Velu Erwan wrote:
> > I don't want to use NFS after booting and I want to make and use ram
> > disk image.
>
> Do you want to use a ramdisk as / ?

Where's the problem ? On a view embedded systems this is the only viably
solution and one which we'll go in our ARM based product: have the kernel, an
initrd and a compressed ramdisk on the flash, plus a small partition for the
configuration files. With only 16MB of flash you don't have any other
choice :-) Except when your developing an elevator controller, of course.
C'ya,
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko