[syslinux] menu.c32 - Return from sub-menu

Cristi Mitrana cristi.mitrana at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:06:52 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, Lentz, Tim <Tim_Lentz at maxtor.com> wrote:
[..[

> Maybe I missed this in another post, and likely someone has already done
> it. But just in case this could help someone else:
>
> So in .\pxelinux.cfg\default pretty standard:

 [...]
> Now copy that same default file from the pxelinux.cfg folder to the same
> level as pxelinux.0 .
>
> In the sub-menu file (.\intel_menu.conf) the Back to Main label is a
> simple call of menu.c32 using the default menu again:
[..]

> Seems to work well.
> Is there another way to do this?

 Using a complex menu can achieve this. You can really have menus with
submenus, see the complex example in the menu subdir of the sources.

 Hijacking the thread a bit, I noticed that when using pxelinux and
putting a entry like this on the append line:
 append initrd=://dir1/initrd.img other_parameters
makes pxelinux requesing the 'pxe-prefix/di1/initrd.img' file instead
of the desired behaviour  of requesting /dir1/initrd.img'. It works if
I modify the line like this:
   append initrd=tftp_server://dir1/initrd.img other_parameters

 I tried to track this down but did not succeed in understanding why
is this not working, it seems that mangle_name/unmangle_name do their
job well, but I still can't understand why it's not working in this
particular example.

 --
mitu