[syslinux] Looking for some guidance in creating a new kernel..

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Feb 5 06:52:15 PST 2005

Date sent:      	Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:40:59 +0100
To:             	syslinux at zytor.com
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] Looking for some guidance in creating a new kernel..
From:           	stappers at stappers.nl (Geert Stappers)

> On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 06:34:32PM +1000, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
>   <snip/>
> > I looked for some step by step instructions for the process of
> > building the kernel for use with isolinux, but haven't found anything.
>
> The very blunt response is to ignore you,
> because you missed a recent posting on this mailing which is
> archive at http://www.zytor.com/pipermail/syslinux/2005-February/004722.html

Well, I guess everyone knows your rude. But the like above goes to
an unknown terminal type message, and has nothing to do with my
question. I had looked at the archives for February and January,
and hadn't found what would appear to be any messages related to
my question.

This is the list that comes up on the contact page, so if it isn't the
right list to ask the question, then why is it there.

I chose the only message list that was listed on the contact page.

I found the smart-questions very useful, but with the informaiton I
was provided from the web page, I believe I went about things
correctly. I looked thru the web page and could not locate any
information about requirements for using the kernel I did some
additional searching on the web, and found lots of references, but
nothing like a simple how to. I wasn't looking for someone to do the
work for me, but perhaps point me to where to find some
information.

Thanks for the reply....