[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.00-pre8: Let's try this release thing again

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Sun Jan 2 13:10:23 PST 2005

trivial feature request for a following version of Syslinux installers:
not only search current directory for LDLINUX.SYS, but also the parent directory of syslinux.exe/.com

Reason: LDLINUX.SYS seems to be required file, and Syslinux installer must be able to find it. However, each installer now is in its own subdirectory, meaning that the installer won't find the required file in its own directory.

I hope I'm not making myself ridiculous here - I still have to try using the installer. That's easy enough, but it also forces me to repatch another installer (for those ancient computers I mentioned) that will boot Syslinux or a bootsectorfile directly.

The block-mapped stuff means any defragging/resizing of filesystem will probably make Syslinux not boot again. Is the old installation way still *optionally* available (SYSLINUX -BACKWARDSCOMPATIBLE A:) somehow?:
No blockmapping, no unbootable bootloader upon defrag/resize,but unfortunately also no FAT32, no extended compatibility.

thanks very much again for the bootsectorfile writing. it reduces complexity of my batchfiles very much (dump bootsector, then use syslinux, then obtain syslinux bootsector, then restore original bootsector, then use syslinux bootsector in the bootloader that I use)

Bernd

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.