[syslinux] pxelinux feature request

Alexander Heinz mailsanmich at gmx.li
Mon Jan 3 18:16:39 PST 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Have you considered autogenerating these from templates?

I have considered this option but IMHO a LOADCONFIG command would be
more elegant.

>> Therefore I think that a LOADCONFIG command would be useful for pxelinux.

> Any reason you can't specify different config files via DHCP options
> and/or links on your TFTP server?

I do not want to specify different config files via DHCP because when
using a "master configuration file" the administrator is always in
control of a basic set of boot images and the departments can screw up
their configuration files without harming anyone (basic boot images are
still available).

Alex