[syslinux] Well I did it...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jan 6 17:20:09 PST 2005

Scott Pasnikowski wrote:
> I dont know if this will be of any interest to you guys.
>
> I have a lexar 1GB flash drive.
>
> I used the mkdiskimage script and then did
> syslinux as described in the readme.usbkey.
> (the script took a REALLY long time too)

Ah yes... the script was really designed to create disk images, so it
writes the entire file with zeros to keep it from being a sparse file,
and to make sure the file will compress well.  It's probably not what
you want for block devices.

It should be a fairly easy hack to fix, I just need to implement it.