[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.05 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Jan 10 14:53:25 PST 2005

Paolo Salvan wrote:
> Hi!
> Some lines of your change-log have captured my attention:
>>        * The initrd= option now supports multiple filenames separated
>>          by commas.  This is mostly useful for initramfs, which can
>>          be composed of multiple separate cpio or cpio.gz archives.
>>          (Note: all files except the last one are zero-padded to a 4K
>>          page boundary.  This should not affect initramfs.)
> ...Is this feature something related with the feature I asked the 2004.10.27 in
> the "[syslinux] Passing one more file after initrd to the kernel..." mail?
> To save your time, this is the text of that mail I sent:

It could be used that way, but you would have to wrap the file in a cpio

The real way to put this together is under development.

Note, you can't concatenate initrd, only initramfs.  Actually, given an
*uncompressed* initrd you could concatenate something after it, and
access it by opening the initrd device (/dev/ram0) itself, but I doubt
this is something you really want to do.