[syslinux] multi-boot CD question

Brent W. Woodruff bw44197 at appstate.edu
Mon Jan 10 22:48:21 PST 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Brent Winfield Woodruff wrote:
>

>> So, my questions are: why does the cb.bin image fail to loacte the
>> file on the CD correctly when booting? Does this have something to do
>> with the boot catalog? Would it be better to instead make a hard disk
>> image with the contents of the CD (it is a small piece of software)?
>> If so, is there a guide to doing this available?
>>

> This is impossible to know without knowing what this stuff is.
>
>     -hpa

The ISO image is created using a McAfee (Network Associates) program
called Clean Boot Manager. While not supported by McAfee, it creates a
very useful bootable virus scanner. The Clean Boot Manager is used to
update the virus definitions and can generate either an ISO image or a
three disk (floppy) set.

The many other things on the CD I am creating all work fine, as they are
created from floppy disk images.

Also, I forgot to include in my last email the mkisofs command I am
using to build my ISO image:

mkisofs -o tech.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -r -J tech

Hope this information helps...

Brent W.