[syslinux] Usb Flash Drive Booting ...

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 20 07:51:01 PST 2005

If you're just interested in getting Linux on a flash drive, take a look
at RUNT Linux.  It's very easy, since you just unzip it onto your drive.
  Then you can run a script to make the drive bootable with syslinux, or
create a floppy disk if you can't boot directly off of the pen drive.
RUNT doesn't have X, so it's text only, but you can add it if you like.
  It's based off of slackware, so just adding the slackware packages for
X is all you need to do if you have the space.

Joel