[syslinux] Re: Multi-NIC network boot floppy+cd+hd+com with PXE and NBI support: does interest?

Alexander Heinz mailsanmich at gmx.li
Thu Jan 27 22:09:31 PST 2005

> I'm preparing what should be a general "network boot" solution for the
> ones that needs to do network boot on PC without BIOS support / ROM chips.

I have prepared a similar floppy. It works with *all* PCI NICs supported
by Etherboot and is able to install Etherboot to a hard disk.

You can download it here:

http://etherboot.anadex.de/
It is based on FreeDos, syslinux (ethersel.c32) and etherboot CVS.

Known problems:
ethersel.c32 auto-detection does not work with VMWare but everthing else
should work. If you want to use VMWare either force a specific driver or
select "INSTALL Etherboot to the hard disk / modify this floppy" from
the boot menu and then "modify this floppy - hide menu, make the NIC of
this PC the default".

Please test it and report the results!

Cheers
Alex