[syslinux] can pxe localboot report failure to bios

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu May 19 11:11:41 PDT 2005

Carl Karsten wrote:

> Can you expand on "The argument 0 means perform a normal boot." - I am
> not sure what a normal boot is.  My first guess is reboot the box, and
> end up back in pxe boot.

Okay... ALL the pxelinux "localboot" arguments mean continue to the next
boot device -- assuming the BIOS/PXE supports it (which a lot of them
don't.)  "localboot 0" is the normal mode; "localboot 4" and "localboot
5" are special-purpose boots.

It was a mistake on my part to use the "localboot" option in any other
way for ISOLINUX.