[syslinux] Can not boot using pxelinux

Andrew Soroka andrew at soroka.com.au
Wed May 18 18:19:41 PDT 2005

I have fedora3 runing tftp.
The server log shows that the client has requested the bootfile

May 19 02:04:57 mouse dhcpd: BOOTREQUEST from 00:0d:60:00:8c:b9 via eth0
May 19 02:04:57 mouse dhcpd: BOOTREPLY for to mercury
:8c:b9) via eth0
May 19 01:04:58 mouse in.tftpd[3422]: RRQ from filename

On the client side I can see the following

Then a blinking cursor.

Is almost as if pxelinux.0 was not running or was not reading its config

I have /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default as my config file.

Its contents are

DEFAULT memdisk
LABEL memdisk
      Display HelloWorld.txt
      KERNEL vmlinuz
      APPEND initrd=initrd.img

Note I have tried memdisk and a doss boot floppy image but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

The client machine is a via C3, I wonder if I need to recompile the pxelinux
for this cpu.