[syslinux] Can not boot using pxelinux

Quinn plattel at tiscali.dk
Sat May 21 00:35:12 PDT 2005

Judging by the client side messages, pxelinux is not the issue at this
point.  Try and
configure your dhcpd server to load a linux kernel directly instead of
pxelinux.0 and
see if it hangs the same way.  If the test fails, check your network and

Another possibility is the client architecture - is it a i386 based
processor?  Pxelinux
will not run on non-i386 processors like PowerPC, Arm, etc.  Via C3
should be i386,
but doing the 1st check above with a linux kernel (compiled for i386)
should determine
if C3 is i386 compatible.

Hope this helps,