[syslinux] PXElinux by MAC Vendor

Herman Borrelli hborrel at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 11:11:14 PDT 2005

Just woncering if there is a way to have PXELinux
provide a config file based on the MAC vendor, ie.
the first 6 characters of the MAC.

I have Pxelinux running (Thank-you BTW) quite well at
the moment.

But I have a new project that requires a different
boot image.  At the moment the endusers are typing the
boot option at the prompt.  I have tested the MAC
configuration and it will work for a single Terminal.
But I have anywhere from 10 to 100 terminals connected
at a given time. Since all these PCs have the same NIC
I was hoping to load the config using some wild card
options for the config file?? Something like
01-00-00-03* ??

Thanx for your time.......Herman