[syslinux] Re: authentication with usernames?

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 4 23:10:28 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> 	Hi
>
>  I'm glad to see that pxelinux now has support for password authentication
> ;) Is it possible to extend that feature to use a username/password
> combination? Something like the menu.c32 loading a file that has uid/pw
> mappings and using them..

As Mr. Ganapathy pointed out to me, the advanced menu has this feature. It
took a while to configure complex.c the way I wanted, considering I can't
code C, but now it works nicely ;) Indeed it would be nice to have code
that reads the menu structure from the bootfile (?), but in practise the
menu is pretty static, so once you've gone through configuring it you
seldom need to touch it again (at least I don't ;)

thanks!