[syslinux] isolinux bootsplash

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:53:33 PST 2005

On 11/15/05, Davide Marchi <danjde at msw.it> wrote:
> hi!
> i'm davide from italy
> and i'm building one live version of Fedora Core3
> and, would like to add the verbose bootsplash (for all strartup process)
> for it
> i doesn,t understand if is it depending from isolinux, or if i need a
> patched isolinux version
> many thanks!
>
> --
> cosmogonia <http://www.cosmogonia.org/>
> noprovarenofareononfarenonc'èprovare

Well, the bootsplash is handled by the kernel not by syslinux.  What
you can do is add the splash statement to the appended options for
your linux kernel, and if it has another bootsplash built in it will
use whatever you tell it.  In most linux versions "splash=verbose" (no
quotes of course) does the trick though I seem to recall there was one
where I had to use "splash=0" (might have been gentoo's prebuilt
kernels I think.)