[syslinux] pxelinux don't uncompress kernel and initrd

Monika Strack strack at tzv.fal.de
Tue Feb 7 00:34:33 PST 2006

Hallo,

for last Friday, i have a strangely probleme with one of oure clients.
I can power on , the bootprom make the connection to the dhcpserver, the
client load the pxelinux , it load the kernel and the initrd.img, say ready
and this was it. It dont uncompress the initrd and the kernel . I can wait a
long ime and the only that I can do is ctrl-alt-del. It give no error code.

I have more than 50 clients and only this one have a probleme. All the clients
boot the same kernel and the same image.

I have test the memory of the client with memtest86, all ok. I can boot
knoppix und the installt windows, all ok.

Can someone help me or can give a tip where I can search.

regards

Monika
Monika Strack
Institut fuer Tierzucht
Bundesforschungsanstalt fuer Landwirtschaft

31535 Neustadt               e-mail: most at tzv.fal.de
Germany                      Tel: +49 5034 /871 154
                             Fax: +49 5034 /871 239