[syslinux] mboot.c32, weird e820 map on HP blade machine, possible memory corruption

Tim Deegan Tim.Deegan at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 13 04:19:58 PST 2006

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the memset thing: I've rolled that change into
the patch at http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~tjd21/tmp/shtab.patch

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:02:39PM -0800, syslinux-request at zytor.com wrote:
> I compiled mboot.c with a DEBUG defined in the mboot.c file. In the funciton
> init_mmap(), it prints the e820 map and on the HP blade this map values come
> out to be totally random. Some weird numbers which dont make any sense at
> all.

Urgh.  Does it then pass a correct mmap to the kernel or is that corrupt
too?  Does compiling with -O0 instead of -Os make any difference?

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group