[syslinux] Re: mboot.c32, weird e820 map on HP blade machine, possible memory corruption

Ram Yalamanchili ramy at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 14 14:32:50 PST 2006

On further investigation I find this might be related to __intcall or some
other part of the code because registers aren't properly restored.

I tried compiling with gcc 4.0.2 with -O0, and -Os and both dont work. They
show random addresses on the blade. However when i use -O1, it shows the
right memory map, but it wont boot. It just hangs up at Booting: MBI=0x...

I tried with gcc 2.96 and -O0, -O1, and -Os are useless when I have DEBUG
undefined. However, when DEBUG is defined, -O0 works and the rest dont.

I'm guessing something in init_mmap isn't safely setting up the registers,
but i'm not totally sure.

--
Ram