[syslinux] RE: Strange MEMDISK problem with XP Bootfloppy images

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 14:21:31 PST 2006

On 3/15/06, Gordon J. Mills III <Gordon.Mills at usa.net> wrote:

> My apologies to the list. I forgot to mention that this is using PXELINUX.
> am using the pxelinux package from syslinux. My tftp server is atftpd.
>
> Regards,
> Gordon Mills

and paste into a message I guess.)  Considering the unusual nature of this
issue, I'm guessing you should worry less about information overload, more
about insufficient information.

Anyway, sorry for asking this, but, can we be sure it's not a hardware
issue?  Unstable CPU or memory or something, or even just troubles reading
the data via the network or something?  Sorry, just, my first thought when I
hear of an inconsistant issue like this -- especially something before the
OS is even loaded -- my first inclination is to check to ensure completely
stable operation (remember, as Prime95 warns us, sometimes a system can be
completely stable during normal operation but have hardware issues that only
show up if you do certain things, and Prime95 does about all of them.)